Check out all our astronomy and astrophotography equipment buying guides.
- Best telescope for beginners – read this to see the best overall telescopes and for an in-depth guide to what different types of telescope there are and what all the specifications mean.
- Best computerized telescopes – if you know you want a GoTo telescope, check out our quick recommendations.
- Best telescopes for kids – make sure you buy the right telescope for your child with our overview and recommended models.
- Best astronomy binoculars – binoculars have some advantages over bulkier telescopes, check out what we think are best here.
- Reflector vs refractor telescopes – what the different types mean for a telescope buyer
- Telescope accessories – what do you need and what do they do? Covering eyepieces, barlow lenses, mounts, tripods, and finderscopes.
- Best intermediate telescopes– find recommended models for more ambitious stargazers.
- Best camera for astrophotography – see our up-to-date recommendations on the best DSLR and mirrorless cameras for photographing the stars.
- Best lens for astrophotography – if you want to photograph the Milky Way, you’ll want a good quality wide angle lens like those featured in this article.
- Best telescope for astrophotography – if you want a telescope that specializes in photographing space, then you’ll need something different than on that is mostly for viewing. See our recommendations here.
- Best astrophotography mount – vitally important to accompany a telescope is a good quality mount that will allow you to find and track objects in the night sky.
- Best star tracker for cameras – star trackers are amazing pieces of equipment that greatly aid Milky Way and other astrophotography. They allow your camera to track with the rotation of the Earth so you can have longer exposures without star trails.
- Best camera tripods – a sturdy tripod is essential for astrophotography. You need to avoid any vibration ruining your long exposures.
- Astro modified DSLR cameras – what are they and how to get one.
- Astrophotography equipment [infographic] – check out our infographic for a clear overview of what equipment is needed for different types of astrophotography.